Moses in the Cradle
. Monday, November 20, 2017
Rhoeo Tradescantia or 'Moses in the Cradle' is a colourful, evergreen clump forming plant featuring two colour foliage - green on top and purple underneath.
- It has a short stem that produces rosettes of lance shaped leaves and also produces tiny white 3 petaled flowers.
- The leaves and sap can be quite irritating to some people so wear gloves when working with it.
- They are very tolerant through too much sun or lack of water.
- They will multiply so plant sparsely to start with. Well drained moist soils with lots of organic matter.
- They will tolerate some drought and sandy soils however will tend to rot in wet soils.
- You can divide them when the clumps get too large.