Happy National Tree Day!
. Monday, July 31, 2017
National Tree day is an opportunity to do something positive for your local environment and community and to reconnect with nature. Since it began in 1996 more than 3.8 million people have planted 23 million trees and plants and it's still growing!
To celebrate National Tree Day we are having a "Plant of the Week" and it is one of our favourites...
Let us introduce you to: Waterhousea Floribunda, also known as WEEPING LILLY PILLY!
- A medium to large, evergreen tree with a dense canopy of weeping foliage.
- Long, dark green glossy leaves which turn red before dropping. A few red leaves are always visible.
- Large clusters of white flowers.
- Bunches of hard, round fruit with a green with a pinkish tinge.
- Withstands full sun and light frost in cool climates. Plant in any well drained soil and keep well watered during warm weather.
- A great specimen or shade tree for suburban gardens and parklands.
- Height: 10m
- Width: 8m